There are some topics we would like to work on, but never have time since our priorities keep us busy. Cool down weeks are the solution for that. It’s a time when we step away from our priorities and focus on different things. We learn, experiment and spent time together as a team.
- Recognition: Make sure everyone in the team feels their work is respected and valued.
- Celebration: Do a recap of the main accomplishments.
- Learning: Prioritize learning and share knowledge among the team through workshops led by team members.
- Fun: Have fun as a team and get to know each other better.
- Experimentation: Experiment and create to push innovation and embrace a test-and-learn culture.
- Each department is encouraged to schedule cool down week twice a year
- It should be planned in advance (at least one month prior) to organize work priorities accordingly
- It needs to be communicated two weeks prior in
- It should be added to the time-off calendar, so others can see easily that a specific team is on cool down
- Teams are encouraged to keep track of their cool down activities and share them for #transparency and inspiration
Past cool down weeks
#people-opsor reach out to @Marzena BRZOZKO