There are times when we need to run fast and work extra hard i.e Strapi first onsite Retreat, new hires, onboarding in the team, etc, and times where we should cool down, celebrate our successes, zoom out of our day-to-day activities, and initiatives to prioritize learning, education, and experimentations.
This is very important as it is directly related to one of our : Genuine Care.
- Recognition: Make sure everyone in the team feels like their work is respected and valued.
- Celebration: We do a recap of our main accomplishments
- Learning: We prioritize learning and share our knowledge among the team through workshops led by team members
- Fun: The goal is to have fun as a team and get to know each other better.
- Experimentation: We give everyone a chance to work on Strapi experiments and build proofs of concepts to push innovation and embrace a test-and-learn culture.
- Only urgent topics from other teams.
- We inform other teams of our Cool Down Week ahead of time (Monday meeting, Newsletter, Slack, and DM if necessary)
- We anticipate requests from other teams as much as possible by planning "non-cancellable" activities the week before.
- Each team member chooses one special project to work on or topic to learn about.
- We keep a record of what we're hacking on or learning about and summarize our notes in a memo to be publicly available in Notion.
- We can align with other teams to spend some time with them if we’d like to.
TBD: Talent and People teams?
13-17 June? A lot of Strapiers still in Portugal?
20-24 June? Salary and quarterly review + Laurine off
- post mortem Miro/ post-it/ what to improve
- work on cross-team collaboration
- learn from other departments/ live my life
- virtual cards
Laurine: reading a book on events and documenting
Fanny: not sure yet
Rosette: master Gmail & training on Culture
Danielle: nap, gym
Marzena: catching up with some onboarding tasks (writing player profile, adding picture to Strapi website, etc.) + off on 16-17 June